Topics

Local Interest Fort Mason and Kobbe and Upton

David Assmann

Most of the activity at Fort Mason today was on the hillside above Aquatic Park, where at least three WESTERN KINGBIRDS were actively feeding for a long time. Also on the hillside were 2 BULLOCK'S ORIOLES, a HOODED ORIOLE, a WILSON'S WARBLER and a WESTERN TANAGER. The Battery had 5 YELLOW WARBLERS, a PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHER and a WESTERN TANAGER. The Garden had an ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER.  At Kobbe and Upton, I didn't see any migrants at all until I got to Dragonfly Creek, which had a singing WARBLING VIREO, a PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHER, 2 WILSON'S WARBLERS, and a TOWNSEND'S WARBLER.