Topics

Jean Richmond Memorial

rosita94598

A memorial for Jean Richmond is to be held at 10 AM Saturday July 6 at Community Presbyterian Church in Danville.  See this link for directions:  http://www.cpcdanville.org/servicetimes/

Jean passed away June 27 at her home in Alamo.  She was a member of Mt. Diablo Audubon Society for more than 45 years.  She is the world famous author of Birding Northern California, the seminal guide to birding our area which was first published in 1985.  The book was written on her home typewriter during her 11-year stint as editor of the MDAS newsletter The Quail.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek

Roberta Guise

Jean’s book was my birding bible when I got interested in birds in 1986 (Surf Scoter in Aquatic Park in August had me smitten). Together with the Nat Geo guide it was the perfect informational couplet.

What a wonderful legacy she gave the birding community.

Warmly,
Roberta

Roberta Guise
415-420-6276

Guise Marketing + PR
Executive branding to be visible, add value, and change
the way people think

http://www.guisemarketing.com    @robertaguise

linkedin.com/in/robertaguise

President, IMC USA NorCal Chapter
Institute of Management Consultants USA
http://www.imcusa.org/

Delegate representing San Francisco and speaker at the
UN Commission on the Status of Women