Help! They're turning on the lights.

Dan Murphy <murphsf@...>

Hi,

Is anybody out there familiar with impacts of night lighting on birds,
plants or other organisms? There is a plan to renovate Harding Golf
Course in San Francisco. It is the golf course at Lake Merced. They
want to install night lighting for a new driving range which would
remain open until 11 p.m. Now common sense tells me this isn't going to
be good for birds, especially a place like LM which is home to a pretty
big population of all sorts of birds throughout the year. That's not
good enough for the comments I'm writing on the negative declaration the
developers are trying to push through. If you know anything about the
issue of night lighting or can cite any references I can get to easily I
sure would appreciate it.

Thanks, Dan