Harry's birds +

Dan Murphy <murphsf@...>

Hi,

It sounds like Harry had a great field trip yesterday. Details follow.
At Fort Funston today I had a Peregrine Falcon flying over the still
active Bank Swallow colony. There are still over a dozen active burrows
out there. At the south end of LM there are only 8 remaining Cliff
Swallow nests with at least 3 still active. I finally saw the Western
Grebe with a single immature. It seemed pretty wierd how long that
young bird could stay under water.

Best, Dan

Here's Harry's report:

Dan: please forward, they changed my office email server and I am now
off the
sfbirds email group...will try to get registered tomorrow.

Three unexpected birds, nothing rare:
1) Calling Western Wood-peewee in willows east of Tennessee Hollow...he
aggresively chased another bird, acting very territorial
possibly breeding there?

2) Breeding plumage male Bullock's Oriole at Kobbe/Upton? Early
dispersal ?
Local breeder this year?

3) Harrier chasing juvenile Red-tailed hawk high above Cattery Caulfield
Rd.
Probable juvenile Harrier on the roam.

------------

Otherwise: one Semip. Plover and one Willet at Crissy Lagoon. Also
there: one
Blue Heron, two Great Egret, one juvie BC NIght-heron flyover, fishing
Kindfisher (female)...all three summer terns: Forst, Casp, Elegant. Two
Pig
Guil offshore.

Inspiration Pt: calling OS Flyc

Fort Point: one Wes Grebe

Tennessee Hollow: 2 femaile CAQU, Hooded Oriole family, Pine Siskins,
AMGO
flocks, calling OS Flyc, calling juvie RT Hawk, adult RT Hawk, one juv.

Cowbird,
VG Swallow, LEGO, male Wil Warb, singing Win Wren

Kobbe/Upton: one female CAQU, VG Swallow, Wil Warb pair, juv. BLPH,
Olive-sided
Flycatcher: family of four sitting side-by-side on a single bare limb
(missed
photo of the day award)

Restoration chapparal north of public health hospital: male Ho Oriole,
VG
Swallows, AMGO, male and female CAQU, VG Swal

Else all the usual birds in the expected places: juvenile Robins abound
as do do
Ho Finch, WC Spar, Junco and PYNUs
--------
Did I mention we did NOT see any YB Magpies...I know, that would be
against the
"rules" as propounded by Murhpy.