Topics

Glaucous Gull continues 11-21

Nico Stuurman

Arrived at 7.00 at Sutro Baths and flushed by wedding photographers at 7.10. flew towards the rocks nearby.

Good birding!

On November 20, 2020 4:48:31 PM PST, "Loretta via groups.io" <lchen89@...> wrote:
Hi folks,

I found the gull when walking the coastal trail at Land's End at 8:45 this morning.

It was on this rock with a couple western gulls:
37.782551,-122.513935)

Sorry for the delayed report, I had my crap bins with me. Wanted to verify before sending. (Thanks Rudy!)

So if you strike out on the beach and at Sutro, take a quick walk to check the rocks off the coastal trail!

Good birding,

Loretta

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 4:11 PM, Dario Taraborelli
<dario.taraborelli@...> wrote:
For what it's worth, it seems to be repeating a consistent pattern over the last 2 days: bathing at Sutro Baths, stationing at Seal Rocks (where he was briefly until it got flushed by a bunch of WEGUs) and then roosting on the stretch of Ocean Beach just north of Fulton / associating with a mixed crowd. Hope it sticks around a bit longer so others can see it.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 9:08 AM Aaron Maizlish <amm.birdlists@...> wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up. I arrived just in time to watch this beautiful gull take off from the beach near Fulton and fly lazily north along the beach and around the Cliff House presumably back to the Sutro Baths.

Aaron Maizlish

--
Nico Stuurman