Topics

Glaucous Gull continues

Dario Taraborelli

Currently at Ocean beach in a mixed flock at (37.7739390, -122.5120854). Relocated by Eli earlier this morning, bathing at Sutro Baths.

Aaron Maizlish

Thanks for the heads-up. I arrived just in time to watch this beautiful gull take off from the beach near Fulton and fly lazily north along the beach and around the Cliff House presumably back to the Sutro Baths.

Aaron Maizlish

On Nov 19, 2020, at 8:04 AM, Dario Taraborelli <dario.taraborelli@gmail.com> wrote:

Currently at Ocean beach in a mixed flock at (37.7739390, -122.5120854). Relocated by Eli earlier this morning, bathing at Sutro Baths.

Dario Taraborelli

For what it's worth, it seems to be repeating a consistent pattern over the last 2 days: bathing at Sutro Baths, stationing at Seal Rocks (where he was briefly until it got flushed by a bunch of WEGUs) and then roosting on the stretch of Ocean Beach just north of Fulton / associating with a mixed crowd. Hope it sticks around a bit longer so others can see it.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 9:08 AM Aaron Maizlish <amm.birdlists@...> wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up. I arrived just in time to watch this beautiful gull take off from the beach near Fulton and fly lazily north along the beach and around the Cliff House presumably back to the Sutro Baths.

Aaron Maizlish

> On Nov 19, 2020, at 8:04 AM, Dario Taraborelli <dario.taraborelli@...> wrote:
>
> Currently at Ocean beach in a mixed flock at (37.7739390, -122.5120854). Relocated by Eli earlier this morning, bathing at Sutro Baths.

Loretta

Hi folks,

I found the gull when walking the coastal trail at Land's End at 8:45 this morning.

It was on this rock with a couple western gulls:
37.782551,-122.513935)

Sorry for the delayed report, I had my crap bins with me. Wanted to verify before sending. (Thanks Rudy!)

So if you strike out on the beach and at Sutro, take a quick walk to check the rocks off the coastal trail!

Good birding,

Loretta