[Fwd: [SFBirdsOther seabird observations., 7/7 to Farallones]

Alan Hopkins <ash@...>

I was on a Shearwaters boat out of Santa Cruz on Friday 7/7.
We only had one brief sighting of Buller's Shearwater. In other July
trips I have seen them in fair numbers. A few of the highlights of the
trip were a South Polar Skua that sat next to the boat for ten minutes
and about 65 Black-footed Albatross behind the boat at once. Generally
it was slow going with long periods of no birds. Species and approximate
numbers were:

Black-footed Albatross 100
Northern Fulmar 15
Pink-footed Shearwater 20
Buller's Shearwater 1
Sooty Shearwater 1500
Storm Petrel spp. 2
Red-necked Phalarope 15
Pomarine Jaeger 3
Parasitic Jaeger 2
Long-tailed Jeager, could have been/ may be
Skua 1
Elegant Tern 5
Common Murre 1500
Pigeon Guillemot 20
Cassins Auklet 45
Rhinoceros Auklet 10
Tufted Puffin 1, circled the boat for five min.

Humpback Whale 1
Russo's Dolphin 50
White-sided Dolphin 50
Northern Rightwhale Dolphin 15
Harbor Porpoise

Debie, has lots of space on most of her trips, unfortunately her
Farallon trips are full.

Alan

Alan Hopkins <ash@...>

Note The 7/7 Shearwater trip did not go to the Farallones! Sorry, a cut
and paste problem.

Alan