Topics

[Fwd: Luis Baptista]]

Joseph Morlan <jmorlan@...>

To: All-Staff@calacademy.org
Subject: Luis Baptista
From: Lynne LaCarrubba <llacarrubba@CalAcademy.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:12:23 -0700

Date: June 12
To: All Staff
From: Pat Kociolek

I am deeply shocked and saddened to announce to you that Dr. Luis
Baptista died earlier today at his home in Sonoma County of an
apparent
heart attack. This was totally unexpected. Luis was a world renowned
ornithologist and evolutionary biologist, who made fundamental
contributions to our understanding of bird communication and
vocalization. He served the Academy as its curator and chair of Birds
and Mammals since 1981, and his loss will be profoundly felt
throughout
the institution and by the world's scientific community.

I will inform you of memorial arrangements as they develop.

--
Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA 94044: mailto:jmorlan@ccsf.cc.ca.us
Fall Birding Classes begin Sept 5: http://fog.ccsf.cc.ca.us/~jmorlan/