From: Harry Fuller [mailto:Harry_Fuller@zd.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 2:24 PM
To: sdavies@cgl.ucsf.EDU
Subject: RE: [SFBirds] Parula continues

Kevin says trhere's a female too, possibly mating pair? A few years ago a
pair
of Am Redstarts actually mated and nested at Phipps Ranch near Pescadero,
way
out of their range
Way out of their current range, I'd guess. I don't have Grinnell and Miller
here, but I think NOPA historic range was well up the coast, much farther than
they did recently. Also, NOPA are more or less regular, though rare, breeders
in Monterey County, if recollection serves...

Unfortunately, I'd guess that their chances of success are probably about as
good as the Olive-sided Flycatcher in the wash... :-(

Mark
--
Mark Eaton mailto:mweaton@pacbell.net
SFBirds Web Page http://home.pacbell.net/mweaton

"Money can add nothing to what I already have. What enables me to live
better is ideals. Besides, money is like snow in winter. It
accumulates slowly, but melts away rapidly."

- Ba Jin, July 1944, from the Epilogue of "Garden of Repose"
(Foreign Language Press, Beijing, China, first edition 1988. ISBN
0-8351-1055-9)

Stephen J. Davies <sdavies@...>

I suspected this too. Didn't Parulas nest out on Pt Reyes some years ago?

Mark W. Eaton <mweaton@...>

Harry Fuller <harry_fuller@...>