Topics

Fort Mason last two days - Ash-Throated Flycatcher, etc.

David Assmann

An ASH-THROATED FLYCATCHER making its way around the Fort Mason Community Garden was my best bird yesterday. Other migrants (mostly in the Battery) were 5 WESTERN TANAGERS, a WILSON'S WARBLER, 5 YELLOW WARBLERS, an ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER, a BULLOCK'S ORIOLE, and two PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHERS.

Today, I observed both a continuing HOUSE WREN and a BEWICK'S WREN. A RUFOUS/ALLEN'S HUMMINGBIRD was in the Battery.  Flycatchers included an OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER, a WESTERN WOOD PEWEE, and at least two PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHERS. A RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH called in the Battery. There were at least five WESTERN TANAGERS, and warblers included an ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER, 2 WILSON'S WARBLERS, and six or more YELLOW WARBLERS.