Topics

Fort Mason and El Polin Spring Local Interest - Western Kingbird, etc.

David Assmann

A WESTERN KINGBIRD and a PACIFIC SLOPE FLYCATCHER were the only migrants at Fort Mason today (and I didn't see any migrants yesterday). A family of 4 HOODED ORIOLES has been roaming - saw them in the garden and in the Battery this morning. A late RED-THROATED LOON was in Aquatic Park. Yesterday at El Polin Spring, after seeing the ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK, I also observed a singing male LAZULI BUNTING below Inspiration Point - there was also a female in the vicinity. A family of WILSON'S WARBLERS has been flying back and forth across the path at the foot of the stairs going up the hill.