Eurasian collared dove

Roy Leggitt

Eurasion collared dove at Sacramento and Baker on 5/27
Never seen this species in the area before (over 20 years)

Roy Leggitt
San Francisco

Roberta Guise

Not to one-up you, Roy (😊), but there’s at least one Eurasian Collared-Dove on Chenery immediately east of Diamond in Glen Park, whose cooing one can hear all over the nayb at different times of the day, most days.

Staff person at gift store Perch (brand logo: bird — how apt!) told me she thinks they’re nesting in one of the trees by her store. I stood under a suspect tree but couldn’t see the bird through the leaves.

4:30pm Sunday, 5/29, I heard a different bird cooing near Stonestown, approximately ¼ mile northwest of the mall.

Mourning doves have been scant for years.

Off topic: For Memorial Day — if you know someone who served or served yourself, thank you.

Warmly,
Roberta

Roberta Guise | Reputation shaper (she/her)
Guise Consulting + Marketing

Where leading authorities are made