East Wash Migrants

Brian Fitch

I checked a number of sites this morning; Battery Godfrey, Ft Scott, the East Wash, and the plateau west of the Legion, with only the wash having anything much, which was surprising because so much was there.

An hour spent in the overgrown middle section brought me sight or sound of 3 Olive-sided Flycatchers, Western Wood-Pewee, Pac-slope Flycatcher, 4 Western Kingbirds, a minimum of 15 Warbling Vireos (8 in view at once), Red-breasted Nuthatch, Swainson's Thrush in both olive and russet versions, Orange-crowned, Yellow, Black-throated Gray, 2 Townsend's, 3 Hermit, 2 Wilson's Warblers, 3 Western Tanagers, 2 Hooded Orioles, and 4 Lazuli Buntings.  Ft Scott had a Turkey Vulture, a flock of 7 Band-taileds, and a single kingbird over an equal amount of time, and I left as the westerlies began to kick up again.
Brian Fitch