From: SFBirds@groups.io <SFBirds@groups.io> On Behalf Of David Assmann via groups.io
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2020 8:25 PM
To: SFBirds@groups.io
Subject: [SFBirds] Crissy Lagoon this morning

In addition to the LAUGHING GULL at Crissy Lagoon this morning, five GREEN-WINGED TEAL swam at the western end of the Lagoon, a WILSON'S SNIPE sat out in the open on the south side, and my FOS RED-BREASTED MERGANSER swan near the center.  The CACKLING GOOSE and the GREATER WHITE-FRONT GOOSE were with a dozen CANADA GEESE on the western side of the Yacht Harbor in the Little Marina Green Picnic Area.

Matthew Dodder

David,

The short bill, prominent eye crescents and white wing spots make it look a lot like a Franklin’s Gull…

Matthew

On Oct 23, 2020, at 8:25 PM, David Assmann via groups.io <david_assmann@...> wrote:

In addition to the LAUGHING GULL at Crissy Lagoon this morning, five GREEN-WINGED TEAL swam at the western end of the Lagoon, a WILSON'S SNIPE sat out in the open on the south side, and my FOS RED-BREASTED MERGANSER swan near the center.  The CACKLING GOOSE and the GREATER WHITE-FRONT GOOSE were with a dozen CANADA GEESE on the western side of the Yacht Harbor in the Little Marina Green Picnic Area.

<Laughing Gull Crissy _1_.JPG><Laughing Gull Crissy.JPG>

Jennifer Morrow

If you go out to look for the Laughing/Franklin's at Crissy Lagoon, which was still there (towards northeast end) at 4pm today, keep an eye out for a Sora, a Virginia Rail, and 5-6 Common Snipe all in the southwest area of the lagoon.

On 10/24/2020 7:32 AM Matthew Dodder <mdodder@...> wrote:

David,

The short bill, prominent eye crescents and white wing spots make it look a lot like a Franklin’s Gull…

Matthew

On Oct 23, 2020, at 8:25 PM, David Assmann via groups.io < david_assmann@...> wrote:
In addition to the LAUGHING GULL at Crissy Lagoon this morning, five GREEN-WINGED TEAL swam at the western end of the Lagoon, a WILSON'S SNIPE sat out in the open on the south side, and my FOS RED-BREASTED MERGANSER swan near the center.  The CACKLING GOOSE and the GREATER WHITE-FRONT GOOSE were with a dozen CANADA GEESE on the western side of the Yacht Harbor in the Little Marina Green Picnic Area.

<Laughing Gull Crissy _1_.JPG> <Laughing Gull Crissy.JPG>

H Cotter

Looks like there was/is both a Laughing and Franklins at Crissy.

This morning I had what I believe was a Laughing Gull which looks different to the bird David had yesterday ?

Photos below,

Hugh
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 6:27 PM Jennifer Morrow <Morrow1028@...> wrote:
[...]

I meant Wilson's Snipe, sorry, was rushed!

On 10/24/2020 6:27 PM Jennifer Morrow <morrow1028@...> wrote:

[...]

Michael Park

Late in the afternoon, I saw a 2nd-cycle Laughing Gull. I don't know if this is the same bird as that from yesterday, but it's very similar. Open wing, flight shots, and stationary images were collected.

Details and photos here:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S75367643

Michael Park
Berkeley