Topics

Count week starts today! SF Christmas Bird Count is 12/29

Siobhan Ruck

The San Francisco Christmas Bird Count will happen December 29.  The count has been independently organized and will be covered by individuals/single households, organized within our traditional area boundaries.

Count week runs from today, 12/26, through next Friday, 1/1/21.  We would like to make sure we’re aware of any unusual sightings during the count period (especially on count day!) - please be sure to post to SF Birds and/or eBird.

If you’d like, cc SFCBCount at gmail.com with your rarities.

In the past few weeks, the species below have turned up in the count area (thank you David Assmann for pulling the list together!)

Siobhan Ruck, SF

  • Hooded Oriole Presidio--Inspiration Pt.
  • Least Flycatcher Presidio--Inspiration Pt.
  • Loggerhead Shrike Candlestick SRA--Yosemite Slough restoration
  • Long-billed Dowitcher Candlestick SRA--Yosemite Slough
  • Blue-gray Gnatcatcher Candlestick SRA--Yosemite Slough restoration
  • Yellow-bellied Sapsucker Presidio--Ecology Trail
  • Bullock's Oriole Fort Mason
  • American Pipit Heron's Head Park
  • Yellow Warbler, Lake Merced--Boathouse/Harding Park entrance drive
  • Rock Sandpiper Heron's Head Park
  • Hermit Warbler, Presidio--Presidio
  • Laughing Gull, Presidio--Battery Godfrey
  • Summer Tanager, Glen Canyon Park
  • Black-throated Gray Warbler, Presidio--El Polin Springs
  • Western Tanager, San Francisco Botanical Garden
  • Common Merganser, Heron's Head Park
  • Tennessee Warbler, Lion’s Park - San Bruno
  • Snow Goose, Holy Cross Cemetery - Colma