Continuing: Sabine's Gull and Swamp Sparrow

Eddie Bartley

Had a nice look of the Sabine's Gull out at OB this morning, just across from the Beach Chalet. Was preening around it's breast "wound" at points. After about 5 minutes of study a dog walker, either oblivious or purposely (or both) threw a ball into the resting flock, his two dogs thought it more fun to chase the birds. The Sabine's flew west not returning to that area for at least 15 minutes. Large numbers of Whimbrel (~50), lower numbers of Godwit (~10), several Caspian Tern flying north.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S85167687

We looped North lake afterwards, more song than we've heard this year, especially warblers. At the north end of the lake a SWAMP SPARROW was skulking in the willow, eventually coming out for a quick grab of some seed people have left out.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S85174198

Happy Trails!

Eddie Bartley
Noreen Weeden

Evleen

Sos anyone seen Sabine this miorning? Im getting so desperate and currently st OB.
Huge thanks for any leads!

Evleen

On Apr 9, 2021, at 18:25, Eddie Bartley <eddie@...> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Dominik! Finally caught up to her and “her” flock down from stairwell 21.

There were no signs of it being sick or injured from my observations, which lasted well over an hour.

One of the western seagulls in the flock seemed to be playing the part of protector to the Sabine! Often standing guard near her !

Anyone still seeking to observe this bird, it’s currently roosting with approximately 50 Mew gulls  et al, across from stairwell 12 just north of where Fulton ends at Ocean Beach.

Dominik

On Apr 10, 2021, at 09:34, dominikmosur@... wrote:

With the light winds this morning maybe it took off , could have  been predated as well.

Mila Zinkova <Milazinkova@...>

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 12:36 PM Dominik Mosur <dominikmosur@...> wrote:
[...]

Chris Okon

Great video, Mika!