Topics

Continuing Glaucous Gull

Richard Bradus

Thankfully the Glaucous Gull continues it's daily routine (and much thanks to those who have posted its appearances over the past few days so that I was finally able to see it).

At Sutro Baths it flew in around 7:30ish to rest and bathe in the freshwater pond with the mixed gull flock, hanging around until about 7:45am when it flew off, going behind the first large offshore rock and disappearing to who knows where. Lots of confusing gulls (confusing for me anyway) with a number of hybrids. Also quite active with small birds, including sparrows, warblers, finches, kinglets, bushtits, territorial hummers and both male and female yellowthroats - nice!

Richard Bradus
San Francisco