Continuing Costa's Hummingbird

rosita94598

After an aborted trip to the city yesterday when I realized in Oakland that my binoculars were still on the table back home, Rosita and I drove in the late morning to the Presidio to look for the Costa's Hummingbird.  Four other birders were there when we arrived.  It took a while, but eventually the little guy came to the tree across the street with some small bare branches.  He then flew to the Bottlebrush, visited flowers, perched there and disappeared.

We waited a while longer and he returned to the little snags and preened.  Maybe he'll stay the winter, who knows?

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek