Topics

Common merganser?

Ralph McKinnon

Any confirmation of the eBird report yesterday for this unusual species at Crissy Lagoon?

Thanks

RM

Dominik Mosur

There's red-breasted Merganser there in winter and has been since the Lagoon was made.

If you see an eBird checklist with common and no red-breasted this time of year that's an  indicator to me that it could be  an observer error.

On Jan 25, 2020, at 12:04, Ralph McKinnon via Groups.Io <mckinnon_ralph@...> wrote:

Any confirmation of the eBird report yesterday for this unusual species at Crissy Lagoon?

Thanks

RM

Paul Saraceni

When I stopped by the Lagoon this morning there were at least 5 Red-breasted Mergansers present, including 1 drake, but no Commons that I noticed.

And 4 of the Black Skimmers were present.

Paul Saraceni
San Francisco