California Thrasher continues at Candlestick Park - ACCESS ISSUES

Robbie Fischer

Joe Morlan and I tried to visit Candlestick Park this morning to look for the thrasher. We were unaware that all parking lots are closed and dilapidated RV'S and other vehicles line Hunter's Point Expressway in front of the park. We were uncomfortable parking our car for fear it would be vandalized so we did not stay.

Just a heads up for anyone trying for the California Thrasher.

Robbie Fischer
Pacifica

On Sunday, February 28, 2021, 01:45:07 PM PST, David Assmann via groups.io <david_assmann@...> wrote:

The CALIFORNIA THRASHER found Thursday at Candlestick Park continues this morning.  It was almost at the end of the spit in the south eastern corner of the park.

_._,_._,_

--
Robbie Fischer
Pacifica, CA

Chris Vance

I saw the California Thrasher this afternoon at 1:15 on the south western corner of the park. Hundreds of ground squirrels at this park which was maddening as they are about the same size as the thrasher. And no raptors in sight.
All the best,
Chris Vance