Topics

Bt Gray Sue Bierman, hooded mergansers mountain lake

Josiah Clark

A belated report from Saturday where a quick visit to Sue Bierman Park produced a female black-throated Gray warbler, perhaps a continuing bird. Also a Varied Thrush there among good numbers of wintering species. Definitely seemed like lots more birds there we didn’t lay eyes on, so worth more searching.
At Mountain Lake Park the Hooded Merganser number grew to 6 along with 4 Ring-necked ducks. Interestingly pied billed grebe continue to be completely absent from my searches. So strange to me as this breeding species has been a year round fixture there for years.