Brown Thrasher continues @ Dragonfly Creek, 8/20

Paul Saraceni

At 1:30 I briefly observed the continuing BROWN THRASHER @ Dragonfly Creek. It was in the location where Daniel Scali first found it on 8/15 — just upstream from the lower bridge, in the area with reddish-leaved “snowberry” bushes. I first noticed it when it flew into an adjacent dark-leaved tree where it perched midway up in the interior of the tree for about a minute. Then it dropped down into the low reddish-leaved bushes, gave several harsh calls, then disappeared.

2 Warbling Vireos, a Wilson’s Warbler, and a House Wren and Bewick’s Wren were near that specific location as well.

Paul Saraceni
San Francisco