Topics

bird feather identification

spw49@...

I picked up the feather in attached photo a couple of days ago near the Bison Paddack in Golden Gate park. Does anyone have an idea what kind of bird it may come from?
Thanks!
Sally Whitehead

Siobhan Ruck

Based on shape and color, looks like wild turkey to me.  There is at least one in the park, and perhaps more.

Siobhan Ruck, SF

On Oct 28, 2020, at 9:30 AM, spw49 via groups.io <spw49@...> wrote:

I picked up the feather in attached photo a couple of days ago near the Bison Paddack in Golden Gate park. Does anyone have an idea what kind of bird it may come from?
Thanks!
Sally Whitehead
<bird feather.jpg>

John Wall