Topics

Battery Godfrey Flight; 10/21

Brian Fitch

An interesting mix of species flew through or over the Golden Gate today, including:

Greater white-fronted Goose - 110, 2, east
Cackling Goose - 17, 19, east
White-tailed Kite - 2 just after 1 PM, south
Merlin - north, spotted by Oscar
Parasitic Jaeger - 4 pirating, 4 flying over the bridge
Band-tailed Pigeon - 40, 75, 60, 25 south, and many more eastbound over Marin
Northern Flicker 20+, mostly north
Varied Thrush - 250+, many flying high enough that I'm sure this is an undercount, all north
American Pipit - 40+, east
Yellow-rumped Warbler 75+, mostly north
Red Crossbill - flock of 25 non-locals, north; Oscar had the same flock from Ft Scott just before they came over me.

Brian Fitch