B Godfrey Again

Brian Fitch

Numbers and variety were lower today, as the first big spring pulse seemed to be waning.  Species we didn't see yesterday but did today included Cliff Swallows and Black-throated Gray Warblers.  Kingbirds were much more numerous with over 70 at BG and Peter had over 200 on the east side of the toll plaza.

Things went dead after 10, and the crew dispersed after 11, but not before we saw flocks of 5 and then 6 Elegant Terns come in off the ocean and into the Gate.  It seems that they arrive earlier every year.

Brian Fitch