Topics

Am. Redstart @ Mt. Davidson, 06-14-00

Paul Saraceni <Paul.Saraceni@...>

This morning at Mt. Davidson I observed a singing 1st-spring male American
Redstart between 7:30 and 8:00. I first heard it from the Ravine and
subsequently located it in the eucalyptus canopy as it worked its way west
into the eucalyptus forest. Last observed it around 8:00 in the area of the
Bowl (i.e., the open area within the forest)..

Also in the Ravine was a Willow Flycatcher which gave its "whit" call a
couple of times and briefly skirmished with the Western Wood-Pewee that is
still hanging around. A calling pair of Ash-throated Flycatchers put in a
brief appearance in the eucalyptus canopy on the north side of the Ravine,
and a singing Black-headed Grosbeak continued in the same area.

Paul Saraceni
Paul.Saraceni@derwin.com