Brown Booby - rumor of Short-tailed Albatross

Alvaro Jaramillo

Hello all,

  Another super trip to the Farallon Islands today. Within 10 miles of Half Moon Bay a subadult Brown Booby shot by in front of the boat, and unfortunately was seen by very few people on the trip. A small black and white shearwater was seen by Mario Balitbit, although it was too far to identify. This was shortly after. Tons of Humpback Whales, many Tufted Puffins, nice Sabine’s Gulls seen, Pomarine and Parasitic jaegers found. Photos of the booby will be uploaded soon. There was a lot of activity in the offshore waters to the SW of the Farallons.

   BUT – there were reports by the salmon fishing fleet of the “albatross with the pink beak” out at the light bucket, which is one of the navigation buoys outside of the Golden Gate. Hopefully someone  has cell phone photos. I will hopefully know more tomorrow. We are heading out to the islands again tomorrow.

alvaro@...

www.alvarosadventures.com