Topics

Red-naped Sapsucker continues

Arthur Feinstein

We had a Red-breasted sapsucker in our Potrero Hill backyard this morning, high up in a birch.
Arthur Feinstein

Mikiye Nakanishi

Thank you all; thank you Linda. Good views in pine on the west side of standing zone.

Miki

Adam Winer

After 2.5 hours of searching, the Red-naped Sapsucker appeared (we didn't see it fly in!) high in one of the pines on the south side of the Horseshoe Pits in Golden Gate Park at 10:10am.  After a couple of minutes it flew south into a huge eucalyptus, where it is at the moment, albeit buried and difficult to see.

No other sapsuckers seen.  One White-throated Sparrow was on the north side of the pits, and a coyote was around early in the morning.

Good luck,
Adam Winer