Topics

Juv Bald Eagle at HSB?

J.R. Blair

No bins on hand but I’m pretty sure a juvenile Bald Eagle was just soaring over the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival (Banjo Stage). Got photos with my phone that I will send when I figure out how

J.R. Blair

J.R. Blair

The photos are poor. Here’s a description. Large raptor with broad wings and shortish, broad tail. Mostly dark with white leading edges on the underwings. Large head. Soaring with wings flat aspect.

On Oct 5, 2019, at 11:08 AM, J.R. Blair via Groups.Io <jrblair20=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

No bins on hand but I’m pretty sure a juvenile Bald Eagle was just soaring over the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival (Banjo Stage). Got photos with my phone that I will send when I figure out how

J.R. Blair

Teale Fristoe

This morning I was up at Hawk Hill and we saw a juvenile Bald Eagle fly south around 10:45. Maybe this is the same bird you saw? I got a picture which is in my ebird checklist: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S60371648

Happy migration,
Teale Fristoe
Berkeley

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 11:20 AM J.R. Blair <jrblair20@...> wrote:
The photos are poor. Here’s a description. Large raptor with broad wings and shortish, broad tail. Mostly dark with white leading edges on the underwings. Large head. Soaring with wings flat aspect.
> On Oct 5, 2019, at 11:08 AM, J.R. Blair via Groups.Io <jrblair20=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> No bins on hand but I’m pretty sure a juvenile Bald Eagle was just soaring over the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival (Banjo Stage). Got photos with my phone that I will send when I figure out how
>
> J.R. Blair

J.R. Blair

That sure looks like the same bird. Thanks, Teale