Topics

EASTERN PHOEBE Twin Peaks 2/23/2019

An Eastern Phoebe perched up in a coyote bush along the trail at north end of Crestline Street/below -southeast of the Twin Peaks Tourist Loop for about 2 minutes just now. It flushed when I tried to approach for a closer look/documentation phonebin image and looked to fly up slope.

I'll be up here for another 15-20 minutes looking and wanted to get the word out. Maybe the bird Josiah had at Lobos Creek making little leaps in habitat locally? Or just a good February for Eastern Phoebes in the City.

Good luck,
Dominik Mosur
San Francisco

Phoebe is hanging out. Disappears for stretches, two Black Phoebes are also at the spot.

It's probably possible to get distant looks from the Twin Peaks walking loop above, but to get better looks try the trail at end of Crestline.

Good Luck,

Dominik

On Feb 23, 2019, at 12:19, Dominik Mosur via Groups.Io <dominikmosur=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

An Eastern Phoebe perched up in a coyote bush along the trail at north end of Crestline Street/below -southeast of the Twin Peaks Tourist Loop for about 2 minutes just now. It flushed when I tried to approach for a closer look/documentation phonebin image and looked to fly up slope.

I'll be up here for another 15-20 minutes looking and wanted to get the word out. Maybe the bird Josiah had at Lobos Creek making little leaps in habitat locally? Or just a good February for Eastern Phoebes in the City.

Good luck,
Dominik Mosur
San Francisco

Lee-Hong Chang

At 2:05 pm, I saw the EASTERN PHOEBE alongĀ Crestline Dr. trail (37.75412, -122.44591) behind 140 Gardenside Dr. for about 2 minutes. Then, it disappeared and I could not refind it.

Lee Chang
SF