Topics

Red-necked grebe baker beach

Josiah Clark

Went out to see what the storm dragged in at Baker Beach. A stealthy red-necked grebe was in with increased numbers of scoters nearshore. 710 red-throated loons flew out of the gate during a calm period, presumably seeking shelter in the bay. Also very out of my norm for my yard at my recently re-activated feeder, a very tame male brown-headed cowbird. I’ve looked for the eastern phoebe many mornings in the last couple weeks but no sign of it.

Sarah Burton

Thank you, Josiah! What time of day did the RTLO fly out of gate?

Best,
Sarah