Topics

Palace of Fine Arts, Four geese species, but departed shortly after 2:00 pm Thursday, Nov. 22

William Grant

Cackling Goose - 8; Snow Goose, Greater White-fronted Goose, Canada Goose

Jesse Ellis, arrived at 10:08 am
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50137263

I arrived at 1:42
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50130987

Around 2:05 they flew away.

May be at the Crissy Field Lagoon or elsewhere nearby.

Happy birding,

Bill

Paul Saraceni

Another location for the goose flock is Spreckels Lake in Golden Gate Park -- on Monday (11/19) @ 8:45 AM I observed the 1 Snow Goose, 1 Greater White-fronted Goose, and 9 Cackling Geese there together among many Canada Geese (and American Coots).

A few other species of less-common waterfowl I've observed in SF this week:
Green-winged Teal 3 -- group flying S over the ocean from sea watch on 11/20
Northern Pintail 11 -- group flying SE over north Lake Merced on 11/20
Common Goldeneye 9 -- group flying E past Battery Godfrey on 11/19

Paul Saraceni
San Francisco