Goose eggs?

Mark W. Eaton <mweaton@...>

Luke Cole wrote:

At 11:22 PM 5/31/2000 EDT, you wrote:
Also, I could see Least Terns in Alameda, but none on our side.
Brian
Brian (and SF Birders) -- a corner of Alameda is actually in SF County, so
that if you could see terns out there, they could conceivably be in SF County.
I'm still trying to figure out how Brian could see Least Terns in Alameda from
Heron's Head park. :-)

Mark

--
Mark Eaton mailto:mweaton@pacbell.net
SFBirds Web Page http://home.pacbell.net/mweaton

"Money can add nothing to what I already have. What enables me to live
better is ideals. Besides, money is like snow in winter. It
accumulates slowly, but melts away rapidly."

- Ba Jin, July 1944, from the Epilogue of "Garden of Repose"
(Foreign Language Press, Beijing, China, first edition 1988. ISBN
0-8351-1055-9)

Luke Cole <luke@...>

At 11:22 PM 5/31/2000 EDT, you wrote:
Also, I could see Least Terns in Alameda, but none on our side.
Brian
Brian (and SF Birders) -- a corner of Alameda is actually in SF County, so
that if you could see terns out there, they could conceivably be in SF County.

Luke

Luke Cole
San Francisco, CA
luke@crpesf.org

Dan Murphy <murphsf@...>

Brian,
It seems to me there are records from the early 1920's, but none since. I
suspect we will have many more records as the Can goose population increases
locally.

Best, Dan

Fogeggs@aol.com wrote:

At Heron's Head, there was a Canada Goose which appeared to be nest-sitting.
During my half hour bay watch, it remained in the same somewhat concealed
spot, warily watching every human who passed by. In '98, C Goose was a big
deal, so I'm wondering if there are any prior nest records? The bird was at
the east end of the tidal ponds, just inside the gravel bar, partially
obscured by grass. It had a slightly upturned beak.
Also, I could see Least Terns in Alameda, but none on our side.
Brian

fogeggs