Rose-breasted Grosbeak @ Mt. Davidson, SF, 09/06/07

Paul Saraceni

I arrived at Mt. D. on this warm, overcast morning around the time David A. was leaving and I worked the "second shift" of migrants. Did not encounter David's Redstart.

Still good numbers of migrants on the hill, though likely not nearly as many as during the prior hour. Best of the bunch was a 1st-fall male ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK. It was feeding in fruiting bushes along the summit clearing with a loose group of 6+ Black-headed Grosbeaks around 8:15. The entire group moved south into the eucs.

Other observations of local interest (undoubtedly overlapping with David's observations):

Rufous/Allen's Hummingbird sp. 10+ f./imm.
Hairy Woodpecker 1 m./1 f.
Warbling Vireo 6+
Steller's Jay 3
Red-br. Nuthatch 1 (4-Trail X)
House Wren 3-5 (3 at one time in East Bramble, 2 at one time between Ravine/summit)
Cedar Waxwing 20+
Warblers:
Or.-crown. 1
Yellow 8+