Tennessee Warbler @ Kobbe/Upton, SF, 09/01/07

Paul Saraceni

At 11:00 this morning while visiting a few locations in the Presidio with my kids, I observed an imm. TENNESSEE WARBLER at Kobbe/Upton. I first observed it in the tree at the base of the concrete stairs across the street from the big brick house. It briefly foraged in that tree and adjacent shrubs, then flew towards the tennis club building below and out of sight. It was not with other birds. It showed a well-defined supercilium and eyeline, yellowish wash on face and breast, white belly and undertail coverts, short-tailed in structure.

3 WESTERN BLUEBIRDS were at the north end of the Ft. Scott parade grounds around the basketball court. The only migrants in evidence were several Yellow Warblers and Western Tanagers.

At Crissy Lagoon, the continuing BAIRD'S SANDPIPER was feeding alone along the south shore. Other observations included:

Snowy Egret 2
Osprey 1 (flyover heading S)
Semipalmated Plover 3
Long-billed Curlew 2