Western migrants, 4/27

Adam Winer

This morning I visited a couple less-often visited locales,
and there appears to be a big push of western migrants
today.

At Golden Gate Heights Park: 1 Cassin's Vireo, 1
Black-throated Gray Warbler, 2-3 Hermit Warblers,
5+ Townsend's Warblers, 2 Wilson's Warblers,
1 Pac-slope Flycatcher, 14 Cedar Waxwings,
and flyovers of 1 White-throated Swift (headed
south) and 1 Western Kingbird (headed north).

In the saddle between Twin Peaks and Mount Sutro,
3 Cassin's Vireos, 1 Black-throated Gray Warbler,
2-3 Townsend's, 2 Wilson's, 1 Pac-slope Fly,
1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet, and flyovers of 3 Western
Kingbirds (headed west!?) and 1 Bullock's Oriole
(also headed west).

And, as I write this, a kettle of 12 Turkey Vultures
are circling over Liberty Hill (between Noe Valley
and the Castro) slowly heading north.

Cheers,
Adam