Re: Red Crossbill call types

Alvaro Jaramillo

Brian

That link in my original message has calls you can listen to of all the
types. They are so similar to each other that I don't think that I can tell
any of them apart, the sounds are so quick it is just difficult to do. But
the extreme types are more noticeable. So within the straightforward
"jip-jip" you may have 2-3 types alone! The only way to figure it out is to
record them and make sonograms I am afraid, at least with present knowledge.
But then again, maybe you are on to something.

Cheers

Al

Alvaro Jaramillo

chucao@...