Re: Banded White-crowned sparrow

Linda Swanson <lswanson@...>

This may be one of the banded White-crowned Sparrows from a research project in 2014 and 2015. 41 White-crowned Sparrows were banded in SF in 2014 (unknown location) and additional White-crowned Sparrows were banded in 2015 at Lake Merced near the Concrete Bridge, and at Golden Gate Park near the Polo Fields.

Here is info about the project from the sign used in the field:
Researchers: from San Francisco State University and Tulane University
Research Permit #032014 SF Parks and Rec
#GOGA-2014-SCI-0017"

I had the pleasure of being a volunteer field assistant to the grad student from SFSU working on this research project.
Attached is a photo of a just-banded White-crowned Sparrow, Golden Gate Park, 4/24/2015.
Linda Swanson

On Jan 12, 2022, at 3:54 PM, David Webster <davisigno@...> wrote:

Just curious if anyone might know anything about these bands. It's the first time I've come across a banded sparrow. Seen in Lobos Creek this afternoon.

David Webster

<DSCF3762.jpg>