Re: Empid at Glen Canyon

Mark W. Eaton <mweaton@...>

Andrew Rush wrote:
The bill was narrow with a yellow lower mandible that was dark at
the outer 1/3 or so. It had a long primary projection.
Wasn't there a thread sometime ago on Calbird regarding how reliable an all dark
mandible is for Hammond's Flycatcher? I seem to recall that, while the bulk of
HAFL show an all dark mandible, some individuals can have quite a bit of yellow
on the basal half.

Mark

--
Mark Eaton mailto:mweaton@pacbell.net
SFBirds Web Page http://home.pacbell.net/mweaton

"Money can add nothing to what I already have. What enables me to live
better is ideals. Besides, money is like snow in winter. It
accumulates slowly, but melts away rapidly."

- Ba Jin, July 1944, from the Epilogue of "Garden of Repose"
(Foreign Language Press, Beijing, China, first edition 1988. ISBN
0-8351-1055-9)