Farallon Is. from Sausalito - Monday July 12.

Alvaro Jaramillo

Hello all,

    This is the first time we have done this, the Farallon Islands on the Outer Limits (a stable catamaran) from Sausalito. This is a boat that many of the local skippers consider one of the most comfortable in the Bay Area, given it is wide and a double hull. This trip was previously available only to folks who had taken an online seminar on the Farallon Islands, but we find we have a few spots left. As with the other boats, we are not going at full capacity, but roughly 25 people including guides. One of the cool parts of going out of Sausalito is that it is closer to many SF and North Bay Birders, than Half Moon Bay! But the other is that you get to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge, and that is always awesome. This trip should maintain mostly in SF waters, with some Marin waters, although not in the offshore portion.

   Below are two links, the top one to purchase as spot on the trip, the bottom one a pdf with more information on the trip. If you have any questions do let me know.

https://www.alvarosadventures.com/store/p54/July_12%2C_2021_-_Farallons_from_Sausalito.html

https://www.alvarosadventures.com/uploads/1/3/2/1/132161724/farallon_trip_info_sheet_-_outer_limits_2021.pdf

Currently, water is warming up from south to north. But those looking for fish are seeing a lot of food, whales etc. Our plan is to visit Southeast Farallon, look for the breeding birds there including Tufted Puffins, Cassin’s Auklets etc. Then head offshore to find whales, Black-footed Albatross and perhaps other seabirds (shearwaters, storm petrels). Before angling back to the Golden Gate and returning to port.

   We are heading to the islands on Saturday as well, out of Half Moon Bay. So we will have a pretty good idea of where to look for birds once Monday comes along.

alvaro@...