Re: LAGO Bernal Hill

David Armstrong

Hi all - in my haste to report this I mistakenly said east rather than north hillside (Folsom St. bends around). the spot is very close to where Folsom ends and Bernal Heights Blvd. begins

37°44'35.5"N 122°24'38.7"W

Good luck if you chase them

On Friday, May 7, 2021, 10:38:46 AM PDT, Sarah Burton <burtosarah@...> wrote:

Great finds, David! Eddie, your lists from Bernal are fantastic...

Willow Flycatcher continues at the Potrero Hill Rec Center, currently in the eucs just meters south of the cement stairs/beginning of wood path. Silent.

Larry Goldfinch pair heard and barely seen at Bernal. They flew south up the hill from Folsom entrance and maybe a bit west. The call notes sounded like "shwing:" fast double notes and a bzzzz. I did not see or hear the gnatcatcher.

Spring!!!
Sarah

On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 09:16 David Armstrong via groups.io <darmstrong99=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'd wager they're the ones you've been observing. Given they bred in SF last year, why not again in 21?

On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 9:14 AM, Eddie Monson
Hi all,
Great find David! I wonder if these goldfinches are new or the same bird/birds seen over the past 2 weeks. Seems pretty unlikely that there have been 4 different birds in the same area in 2 weeks but possible? Could this be a pair poking around trying to nest?
Happy spring
Eddie

On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 9:01 AM David Armstrong via groups.io <darmstrong99=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Male and female Lawrence's Goldfinch on east hillside off Folsom St. right now. Also Western Kingbird

Earlier a Willow Flycatcher at Potrero Rec Center in eucs above playground. Good mix of migrants around with tanagers calling in multiple locations.