Continuing: Sabine's Gull and Swamp Sparrow

Eddie Bartley

Had a nice look of the Sabine's Gull out at OB this morning, just across from the Beach Chalet. Was preening around it's breast "wound" at points. After about 5 minutes of study a dog walker, either oblivious or purposely (or both) threw a ball into the resting flock, his two dogs thought it more fun to chase the birds. The Sabine's flew west not returning to that area for at least 15 minutes. Large numbers of Whimbrel (~50), lower numbers of Godwit (~10), several Caspian Tern flying north.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S85167687

We looped North lake afterwards, more song than we've heard this year, especially warblers. At the north end of the lake a SWAMP SPARROW was skulking in the willow, eventually coming out for a quick grab of some seed people have left out.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S85174198

Happy Trails!

Eddie Bartley
Noreen Weeden