Re: How safe is it to visit Heron’s Head Park

Janet Carpinelli

Hi Elliotte

I walk my dog out there at least once/week often about that time if you want to meet some time. I concur with everyone---perfectly safe to walk, must not leave any valuables (at least not visible) and lock up!

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 8:12 AM Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@...> wrote:
Don't leave anything in your car, trunk included. Break-ins occur regularly here, as they do almost everywhere in San Francisco. Other than that, as long as you carry your scope with you, it's probably fine.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 8:58 AM Joel Perlstein <joelperl@...> wrote:
I am thinking of visiting Heron’s Head Park later this week, around 4 pm.  I will be driving to the parking lot and then traveling by foot. I will be by myself. I am a man in my early 70’s and will have an expensive binoculars and scope with me. Do you think that would be reasonably safe?

 Thanks for whatever insight you can provide.
--
Joel Perlstein

Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@...