Re: How safe is it to visit Heron’s Head Park

Siobhan Ruck

And if you have a bird-friendly yard at your home, be sure to stop at Bay Natives (across the street) for a really great selection of native plants.  It’s not too late to get a few more natural hummingbird feeders in your yard this year!

With all the concerns of sick siskins this year, remember that bird-friendly plantings are a good way to bring birds to your yard without clustering them in ways that can lead to disease outbreaks.

Siobhan Ruck

On Feb 23, 2021, at 1:14 AM, Aimee Goggins via groups.io <aimgoggins@...> wrote:

We go regularly at all times of day and there are always other people there—birdwatching, walking, biking, fishing. It feels safe and I frequently see others with binocs, cameras, and scopes.

Practice usual urban awareness and caution, and enjoy!

On Feb 23, 2021, at 12:58 AM, Joel Perlstein <joelperl@...> wrote:

I am thinking of visiting Heron’s Head Park later this week, around 4 pm.  I will be driving to the parking lot and then traveling by foot. I will be by myself. I am a man in my early 70’s and will have an expensive binoculars and scope with me. Do you think that would be reasonably safe?

 Thanks for whatever insight you can provide.
--
Joel Perlstein