Re: Sora in Stow Lake

Rick Prelinger

We saw a Sora nearby there last week. I think there have been other sightings as well.

Rick

Rick Prelinger
Prelinger Library & Archives, San Francisco
footage@...

Professor, Film & Digital Media
UC Santa Cruz
rick@...

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021, 17:39 Kay Voyvodich <voyvodichkay@...> wrote:
Walking around Stow Lake at approximately 4pm today and noticed an unusual bird (for me). I believe it was a Sora. Location: The bird was in the northeastern corner of the lake (above the Japanese Tea Garden) in and around a large bush/tree whose branches hang into the water. This is a screenshot from Google Maps to show you the exact location. Can someone more expert than me confirm this sighting? Thank you.

  in and around a large bush/tree whose branches hang into the water.