Re: Ocean Beach Shorebird

Paul Saraceni

Brian's photos caused me to jog my memory as well -- I looked back at my photo archive and have photos of what is likely the same, distinctive LB Curlew from 12/22/19 on the beach near the south end of the Great Highway.  Will put into eBirds and share link later.

Paul Saraceni
San Francisco

On 01/14/2021 11:43 AM Peter Pyle <ppyle@...> wrote:

Hi Brian and all-

I’ve referred to this individual as a ‘Short-billed Long-billed Curlew’ It has been on Funston Beach since August or so. I posted some photos to eBird which I can link up later. It certainly gives an interesting first impression, but just a bird with some sort of bill deformity.

Good birding, Peter

On Jan 14, 2021, at 11:12, Brian Fitch <fogeggs@...> wrote:

Seen this morning around Lawton.  I don't think I'm looking for an ID, but am interested in whether others have seen such a bill shape before.  This is my first photo post on the list, so I hope it works.
Brian Fitch
<P1020133.jpg>

<P1020128.jpg>