Re: Ocean Beach Shorebird

Brian Fitch

Since August?  Our Balkanized reporting systems strike again.  I'm glad it's moved up to the main beach where it's more accessible.
Brian

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 11:44 AM Peter Pyle <ppyle@...> wrote:
Hi Brian and all-

I’ve referred to this individual as a ‘Short-billed Long-billed Curlew’ It has been on Funston Beach since August or so. I posted some photos to eBird which I can link up later. It certainly gives an interesting first impression, but just a bird with some sort of bill deformity.

Good birding, Peter

On Jan 14, 2021, at 11:12, Brian Fitch <fogeggs@...> wrote:

Seen this morning around Lawton.  I don't think I'm looking for an ID, but am interested in whether others have seen such a bill shape before.  This is my first photo post on the list, so I hope it works.
Brian Fitch
<P1020133.jpg>

<P1020128.jpg>