Least Flycatcher, Yellow-bellied Sapsucker and White-throated Sparrow still at Arguello and West Pacific Avenue in Presideo

Joe Morlan

LEAST FLYCATCHER very cooperative this morning.
Photos and audio: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/66939366
Very brief video to show tail action: https://youtu.be/URdwFCZ0ukI
Dropped pin: https://goo.gl/maps/tKuxbzYo5KzN388P7

Adult male YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER was in a large Cypress directly at the
intersection of Arguello and West Pacific Ave.
Photos: https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/66939368

WHITE-THROATED SPARROW in the same area.
Photos:
https://macaulaylibrary.org/catalog?taxonCode=whtspa&view=Grid&subId=S77855971
Special thanks to all the helpful birders!

On Sun, 20 Dec 2020 13:26:56 -0800, "Nico Stuurman"
<nico@stuurmanpetrie.com> wrote:

To rectify and clarify: It is at Arguello and Pacific Ave W, along the trail parallel to Pacific Ave W just to the east of Arguello. Also, Least Flycatcher is my best guess, but Empids are hard to distinguish (and all rare this tie of year), so hope that others will get good looks and hear the bird as well.
--
Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA
"It turns out we're very good at not seeing things" - Jack Hitt