Re: White-throated Sparrow, GG Heights

Paul Saraceni

I observed another WTSP (tan-striped) this morning feeding near White-crowned and Song Sparrows along the outer sidewalk that borders the NW side of Buena Vista Park.

Paul Saraceni
San Francisco

On 12/11/2020 12:47 PM Peter Pyle <ppyle@birdpop.org> wrote:

Hi all -

There has been a WTSP wintering with other crowns along "Mount Lane"
staircase below Rocky Outcrop; map and photos here:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S77160754
I heard it this morning, a richer more melodious "chink" than the
local Zonotrichia. It has been feeding in the berried Cotoneaster and
Echium seed heads about half way down.

Since it wasn't eBird flagged I haven't reported it but Hugh C
thought some might be interested since there have been few around
this year. Also for the SF XBC.

Cheers, Peter