Re: Rock sandpiper returns to Heron�s Head

Peter Pyle

That's funny Joe. Sounds like you have just christened her, even though we don't know if it's a him or not (and these days it doesn't matter anyway). Actually, I'll look at last year's alternate feathering to see if we can tell. P

At 11:13 AM 11/25/2020, Joe Morlan wrote:
Thanks. My voice recognition software thinks this local celebrity is named
"Roxanne Piper."

Short Video showing foraging behavior: https://youtu.be/pynF_iYpxos

Images:
https://macaulaylibrary.org/catalog?taxonCode=rocsan&view=Grid&subId=S76652425

On Sun, 1 Nov 2020 10:23:22 -0800, "Ben Dudek" <benja.dudek@gmail.com>
wrote:

Despite a large party at the end of the point,
a rock sandpiper is currently roosting on the north side of the trail near the end in a similar position to last season’s bird.

Good birding,
Teresa Ely and Ben Dudek
--
Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA